Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA2102 phone function stopped

cburke5683
Level 1
Level 1

Hello -

I recently purchased a SPA 2102, and after about two weeks, and changing settings like crazy trying to get the outbound audio to clear up, the phone light indicators no longer light up. I am not able to access the IVR through either phone or phone jack, and it is in bridge mode so I must user factory it to get the web access. The two things I changed before this started happening - 1) Changed the proxy for Voip.ms to the IP address for Seattle.  2) Enabled SAS (I admit not knowing exactly what it was, hoping it would help the choppiness)

After which, the ATA stopped working with the phone lines. I have changed phones, phone lines.. I have no router before it. It still works as a bridge for the internet, but absolutely ZERO phone function. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks so much!

2 Replies 2

The SPA2102 can be reset to default only via IVR menu.
What happens when you connect a phone to PHONE 1 port and pick up the handset?
PHONE 1 port should blink.
Do you know the WAN IP address? Was Remote Access enabled or disabled? And VLAN option?
Try to access via WAN.
You can use wireshark to see SPA2102 activity: DHCP request, TFTP request, etc.

If you don't have success, check warranty and ask for an RMA.

Good luck.

The phone 1 port does blink, however there is no response when hitting ****. Even though I can't hear anything I have tried to go through the motions by pushing ****, 877778#, 1 and hanging up... There is no response to that either. I do know the WAN ddress. Remote Access was not enabled. VLAN was at default. I have tried to access the web manager by WAN, and I get nothing. Is wireshark a program that I should look into getting to help troubleshoot this?

Thank you for your reply