Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Speaker Tracking , Ceiling Mic

Dear All ,

We have a Meeting Room wich is 13 X 7 Meter , so i am asking about the best bractice to where should i mount the ceiling mic from the Video screen ?

i know it should be 2.15 M from the Floor  , but where should it be from the Video Screen itself :)  Thanks ,

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

If you you mean SpeakerTrack 60, the installation guide on page 4-7 would help you select the best setup for the unit.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/camera/precisionhd/installation_guide/speakertrack-60-installation-guide.pdf

regards,

Acevirgil

View solution in original post

How many ceiling mics  do you have for that room? Take a look at the document under page 4 "Room guidelines". The ceiling microphones should be placed within the range of the SpeakerTrack and should be enough to pick up the audio from the participants in the room for optimum performance. Consider also HVAC on ceiling that would contribute unneccessary noise due to airflow that might picked up by the mic. 

regards,

Acevirgil

This would help. I would opt mounting the SpeakerTrack below the display to make sure the Ceiling mic rear deflector will not block the SpeakerTrack audio sensor.

regards,

Acevirgil

8 Replies 8

If you you mean SpeakerTrack 60, the installation guide on page 4-7 would help you select the best setup for the unit.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/camera/precisionhd/installation_guide/speakertrack-60-installation-guide.pdf

regards,

Acevirgil

Thanks , but i didn't found any info about the Ceiling mic in this doc .

i was asking about where should i put the ceiling mic far from the Speaker track it self .

How many ceiling mics  do you have for that room? Take a look at the document under page 4 "Room guidelines". The ceiling microphones should be placed within the range of the SpeakerTrack and should be enough to pick up the audio from the participants in the room for optimum performance. Consider also HVAC on ceiling that would contribute unneccessary noise due to airflow that might picked up by the mic. 

regards,

Acevirgil

I have only one Ceiling Mic ,

so i have to put it in range 9 Meter from the speaaker trake !

also i need to ask you about the range of this ceiling mic

Thsnk you

What kind of ceiling mic you're planning to install? Brand and model?

This depends on the specification sheet of your ceiling mic and I believe there should be installation guide to follow to achieve the best performance of the mic.

regards,

Acevirgil

Thanks you Acevirgil for your interest ,

this is the part Number for the Ceiling Mic CTS-MIC-CLNG  , by searching it i didn't found the best practise for how far should be this celing mic from the Speaker Traker ?

Thanks ,

Aha! The Audio Science Mic.

Take a look at this document under page 3-4. This will guide you the best location to install the ceiling mic and some considerations.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/microphone/installation_guide/audio-science_microphone_installation_guide.pdf

You cannot find such document that will tell where to install when using a SpeakerTrack but the best way is to install it within the range of the SpeakerTrack and the Ceiling mic should be just above facing people sitting infront.  Make sure the rear deflector of the ceiling mic is not blocking the SpeakerTrack audio sensor when the SpeakerTrack is mounted above the display.

regards,

Acevirgil

This would help. I would opt mounting the SpeakerTrack below the display to make sure the Ceiling mic rear deflector will not block the SpeakerTrack audio sensor.

regards,

Acevirgil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: