cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX-20 setup on mobile cart

Josh Audiss
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently using a SX-20 on a mobile cart device with a touch 8.  Devices register to vcs and are setup in tms.

I am currently using the sx-20 and touch 8 behind a small router because I want the device to auto resync\connect the touchpad when its moved to another location. I can't assign statics because our different floors are on separate VLANs

The router setup does seem to work fine as long as I forward all the needed ports for communications.

Im forwarding

5555-6555

2326-2485

5060 and 5061

TMS and VCS can communicate with the device with no problem and I can connect to the web front end just by browsing to the routers IP.  The issue I am running into is how quickly tms updates the devices IP. If its changed.

Is there anything I can do to speed up the registration process to get vcs\tms to see the device has changed its IP?  Id like to not have to go into the connection tab and updating the IP manually every time.

Thanks for any assistance

1 Reply 1

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can change the value that the endpoint uses to re-register to the VCS:

• Configuration > Protocols > H323 > Time to live (default is 60s, lowest value allowed is 60s).
  • Configuration > Protocols > SIP > Standard registration refresh minimum/maximum (default is 45/60s, lowest value allowed is 30s).

If the endpoint or router's IP address changes, TMS must wait for the endpoint to contact it.  Example events that will trigger the endpoint to communicate with TMS are: phone book requests, boot and registration events, and heartbeats from systems behind a firewall.  Unfortunately I don't know the amount of time an endpoint waits before it contacts TMS, and I don't think it can be changed.