Views
Helpful
Replies

SX 80 & Touch 10 with no On-Screen Controls

mhaince11
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

Has any of you experience this problem? We have an SX80 running on CE 9.15.x and it's currently being controlled by a Crestron Touch Panel. 

I tried plugging in a Touch 10 directly to SX 80 but the Touch 10 is not showing any on-screen controls / buttons.

I can see the settings of the codec using Touch 10, i can also control the camera from Touch 10.

How can i get the call controls on Touch 10 screen?

5fef8eaa-294f-444a-b2f7-62d51d8ba730.jpg

Regards,

Ronald

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Each of the native UI buttons can be disabled in the local settings of the codec. The toggles should all be under User Interface > Features IIRC.

The Crestron programmer likely did this intentionally if they did not account for actions being initiated directly on the codec; their code may not be watching for and handling events for those actions. You can turn them on but should really talk to the programmer first.

To be clear though: it is definitely possible - I’d argue preferred/recommended - to use a Cisco Touch 10 / Room Navigator instead of a Crestron touch panel. The code just has to be written to support that.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Each of the native UI buttons can be disabled in the local settings of the codec. The toggles should all be under User Interface > Features IIRC.

The Crestron programmer likely did this intentionally if they did not account for actions being initiated directly on the codec; their code may not be watching for and handling events for those actions. You can turn them on but should really talk to the programmer first.

To be clear though: it is definitely possible - I’d argue preferred/recommended - to use a Cisco Touch 10 / Room Navigator instead of a Crestron touch panel. The code just has to be written to support that.

mhaince11
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you so much!! it worked.