cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 downgrade software

salem
Level 1
Level 1

Can i downgrade SX20 with CE software to TC software ? 

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can downgrade CE to TC software:

• CE8.x can be downgraded to TC7.3.6 or later.
  • CE9.x can be downgraded to any version of CE8 or TC7.3.6 or later.

To perform a downgrade, simply go through the same process to perform a software upgrade.

View solution in original post

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If your SX20 was one of the newer ones that shipped with CE software, it may have also come with a TRC6 remote control, which is much simpler than the TRC5 remote control that works with the TC software.  You may have difficulty performing some functions on the old TC software with the new TRC6 remote.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

@Vinod16 wrote:

I think you need option key as well to downgrade

Any installed option keys will survive an upgrade/downgrade process.  The do not get lost as part of the process.  The only way these usually disappear off an endpoint is if you do a Factory Reset, so it is always a good idea to make a note of them beforehand.

A new Release Key should also not be required, unless you're trying to downgrade to a version of the TC software prior to TC6.1 which I wouldn't recommend due to the number of Security Vulnerabilities in such old software.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can downgrade CE to TC software:

• CE8.x can be downgraded to TC7.3.6 or later.
  • CE9.x can be downgraded to any version of CE8 or TC7.3.6 or later.

To perform a downgrade, simply go through the same process to perform a software upgrade.

Vinod16
Level 1
Level 1

Hello dear,

As suggested by Patrick, you can downgrade but I think you need option key as well to downgrade same and vice versa.

You can check option key in your ELA if available.

@Vinod16 wrote:

I think you need option key as well to downgrade

Any installed option keys will survive an upgrade/downgrade process.  The do not get lost as part of the process.  The only way these usually disappear off an endpoint is if you do a Factory Reset, so it is always a good idea to make a note of them beforehand.

A new Release Key should also not be required, unless you're trying to downgrade to a version of the TC software prior to TC6.1 which I wouldn't recommend due to the number of Security Vulnerabilities in such old software.

Wayne

Hi Vinod Gupta,

Thanks,

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If your SX20 was one of the newer ones that shipped with CE software, it may have also come with a TRC6 remote control, which is much simpler than the TRC5 remote control that works with the TC software.  You may have difficulty performing some functions on the old TC software with the new TRC6 remote.

Wayne