Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 dual display feature with CE software

jtreyes
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'd like to get some confirmation regarding the dual display option in CE. In TC, if I'm not mistaken required the the dual display as an installed option. Is that not the case with CE on an SX20? 

I did find notes on CE8.3.6 and found the following but would like to know if this would cascade to CE9.5.0 as well:

Removal of default option keys The following options keys are included by default on most Collaboration Endpoints, and are no longer listed as an option key from CE8.2.0: § NaturalPresenter § DualDisplay § HighDefinition § PremiumResolution The functionality these option keys provided is still available, but the keys have become redundant. Any pre-installed keys are stored on the codec, in case you have to downgrade to software versions that require these option keys to enable the respective functionalities after the downgrade.

Thank you.

2 Replies 2

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, 

The mentioned option keys are not needed anymore (from an early version of CE8 to the latest CE9 version these keys are enabled by default). So you can upgrade without losing the DD capabilities.

/Magnus

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In the CE releases, the option keys are no longer required for those things (NaturalPresenter, DualDisplay, HighDefinition, PremiumResolution) and they are all included as standard features of the software.

If you upgrade a TC endpoint that didn't have these features to CE, then the features will automatically become available.  Or, of you upgrade a TC endpoint to CE that does have these option keys installed, the options will remain present as they are now included in the newer software.

You only need to have the old option keys for these features installed on your endppint if you leave the endpoint at, or downgrade it to, the old TC software.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.