Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 First time user

nathan.fried
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've purchased an SX20 quickset system to communicate with our office abroad, it's now unpacked and everything is plugged in but it doesn't let me place any calls. 

Is there a first time setup procedure? I saw something H323 login info, do I need that and where do I get it?

Thanks so much for your time and guidance

Nathan

1 Reply 1

To further assist you, we need to know how the system is deployed on your network and how it will be connecting to your office abroad. Is it via WAN or using public IP address to dial the endpoint in your office abroad? Is there a firewall in between your network and your office abroad? Do you have a call control/SIP registrar/gatekeeper to register the system? Are you deploying the system as standalone without registration to SIP registrar/H323 gatekeeper?

To make it work as standalone and make basic calling using direct IP dialing and assuming the network connectivity is already established between your network and your office abroad.

1. Go to the System Configuration >Network > IPv4 and assign:

• IP address
  • Subnet mask
  • Gateway
  • DNS

2. Enable H323 service: System Configuration > NetworkServices > H323 Mode: On

3. System Configuration > H323 > Profile 1 > CallSetup Mode: Direct

4. System Configuration > Conference1 > DefaultCall: H323

5. Restart the system.

Admin guide:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/ce80/sx20-administrator-guide-ce80.pdf

regards,

Acevirgil