Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 integration with Lync 2013

Hi,  Can we integrate a standalone SX20 end point with Lync 2013 to make point to point video calls between Lync client and SX20? Is VCS control  mandatory in between Lync and SX20?  Can anyone help me with some document or link on this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No, at this point in time, a SX20 cannot directly communicate with Lync.

You will need a VCS running at least version X8.1 of the software.

The VCS and Lync Deployment Guide may be of interest to you: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/X8-1/Cisco-VCS-Microsoft-Lync-Deployment-Guide-X8-1.pdf

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Lawrence James
Level 1
Level 1

No a SX20 can call or be called directly from a Lync client without some sort of proxy, gateway or extensive programming on the Lync server (I have never seen this I have only read about this being a possibility). The VCS with correct options and configuraition would provide this functionality for you.

There are cloud based services and some other hardware/software based bridges that can also bridge the call BlueJeans, Acano, Pexip etc....

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No, at this point in time, a SX20 cannot directly communicate with Lync.

You will need a VCS running at least version X8.1 of the software.

The VCS and Lync Deployment Guide may be of interest to you: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/X8-1/Cisco-VCS-Microsoft-Lync-Deployment-Guide-X8-1.pdf

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.