Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 Performance in the field

akemp
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We currently used Profile line for multipurpose rooms but we would like to expand into smaller branch offices and we would like to consider the SX20 as an option.   I think I have a pretty good understanding of the documented differences by looking at Cisco and non Cisco documents:

http://tnotez.wordpress.com/2012/06/05/comparing-the-cisco-telepresence-sx20-and-codec-40/

What  I would like to know how the SX20 works in the field.    I am concerned about things like microphone quality, noise cancelation, camera performance and network functionality.   

If someone can share their experiences,  that would be great!

Thanks,

Andy

2 Replies 2

ahmashar
Level 4
Level 4

very good quality

regards, Ahmad

My experience is purely subjective, but other than availible inputs and outputs I haven't noticed any difference in performance between C40s and SX20s (or its predecessor the C20, other than the fact the C20 gets a bit hot).

We have a couple of rooms that are using SX20s in a more intergrator type fashion, due to having fairly extensive A/V switching equipment in the room, hence not needing the extra inputs and outputs.  We haven't had any issues with them in this regard.