Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 presentation resolution

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hello,

I deployed an SX20 codec for a customer with 6.2.0 TCN software recently. The codec connected to an LG 60" display which supports 1080p resolution.

Everything worked out but the resolution of presentations sent from a PC via the VGA cable to the codec then out to the screen only displayed as 720x480 which looked pretty bad on such a large display. The display on my laptop was set to 1366 x 768 and I tried mirrored displays plus sending just to the codec.

Going directly from the VGA port on the PC to the display allowed displays of 1920 x 1080.

What is the maximum resolution that I should be able to display on the screen via the SX20? - I guess it might be lower than 1080p as the real use for this function is to send it to the remote party but surely should be better than what we are seeing.

Are there any tips or tricks to improve the presentation resolution?

6 Replies 6

Pratik Sachdeva
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As per SX20 admin guide, DVI port of the codec should support 1080p for presentation. Try changing the DVI input type from Auto to RGBAnalog, although it shouldn't make a difference.

Apart deom that, if your content doesn't have much movement involved (like a video), you should favor its quality as 'Sharpness'. If you are sharing a video as content, you would like to change the quality of DVI input to 'Motion' so that the codec favors frame rate and compromises the resolution.

BR,

PS

Thanks Pratik,

I will try your suggestion about changing the DVI input type.

abpal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi James,

May I please know the version of SX20 you are running

Also please confirm if you have the premium resolution (pr) key installed on your SX20

Regards,

AB

Hi AB,

The software version is TCN6.2.0.20b1616.

The NaturalPresenter and HighDefinition options are installed.

Regards

James

xConfiguration Video Output HDMI 1 OverscanLevel: None

Please try this command

i did not try that on the big monitor yet; however; if even this command does not help. I will try it on a big monitor. i tried on a 40" monitor.

BTW do you have any SX20 with the pr key installed

There is a limitation of 720p30 without the Premium Resolution licence, but that option applies only to transmitted and received video.

Local video from a PC or SelfView will display at the native resolution up to 1080p60 or 1920x1200.

Are you in-call when it's only showing the low resolution?

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.