Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 requirement for new setup.

glenn b
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm currently working on a project to implement the UC story in our company.

First of all we don't have any video conferencing material at this moment, so it's all new.

The setup we want:

* One meeting Room with the SX20 + Touch device. (HQ Europe)

* One meeting Room with the SX20 ( Branch office China)

* Roadwarrior (Notebook/iPad) with Cisco Jabber client. ( User can connect to the HQ or Branch using VPN.)

* HQ & Branch users (Desktop) with Cisco Jabber client.

We want to make conferance calls between every listed user. For example:

*     Conference between the two meeting rooms (SX20).

*     Conference between the two meeting rooms (SX20) and users with Cisco Jabber Client.

Equipment I would order:

*     SX20 Quick Set (both with DD, MS and PR license)

*     Touch tablet

*     CUCM 8.6.2 or later

*     Two times C2921 (HQ and Branch with PVDM3-128 modules)

Questions:

1. Is the setup we want possible with the material I would order?
  2. With the MS licenses you can do 3 + 1 video. With our C2921 and CUCM, is it possible to add more participants to a conference? (PVDM3 supports more participents per conference.)
  3. Can external companies join a meeting using the cisco jabber download ?
  4. We think max 4 video presence calls will be done with max 4-6 participents in peak moments. Will this setup be enough?
  5. What UCL/CUWL license we need for the SX20 series? (To configure in CUCM.)

Kind Regards,

Glenn

2 Replies 2

amehla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Glenn,

i will try my best to answer your questions:

the setup is good for conference call, however, to register SX20 on CUCM, below are the required parameters:

1. SX20 should be on TC 5 or later

2. CUCM 8.6.2 or later

which you already have

with MS option key , you will be able to do multisite using CUCM

CUCM need to have device pack for SX20 to register it natively.

Hi Amit,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you give some more information about the device pack you mentioned for the SX20. Not fully 100% sure what you mean.

About the versions needed (CUCM and SX20), that part is noted and will put it as requirement.

Indeed with the MS license I can do multisite, but using my gateways also can I provide more participents (more than 4)?

Also, in other topics, I read some information about multipoint video. People ask sometimes if they can set this up without using the MCU.

As The answer is use EX90 or SX20, or use an MCU, I read that you can use PVDM3 mudules but this is only voice activated only.

https://communities.cisco.com/message/86986#86986

So If I want to make a video call with 3 people only using jabber, I cannot do this with only my router with (PVDM3-128)?

So the only way in this setup is using the SX20 device as video bridge. Is this correct ?

Kind Regards,

Glenn