cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 vs C60

phifdd4305
Level 1
Level 1

What functionality would I be losing, if any, if I replaced my C40's with SX10's? We have an MCU bridge so multisite function is not an issue.

2 Replies 2

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The title of your discussion and description are different, SX20 vs C60 in the title, yet SX10 vs C40 in the description.

In either case it would depend on how many cameras or content inputs you would want to use, notably for content?  C Series codecs can support more cameras and content inputs than the noted SX codecs in your post.  The SX10/20 are both considered entry level codecs, so there camera inputs are limited to only one (1), and so are there content inputs.  Also, the SX10 content input can only support up to 5 frames per second as well.

The C Series C40/60 were just announced as end-of-sale:

eos-eol-notice-c51-733467, eos-eol-notice-c51-733466

As Patrick has said, the devices you've mentioned in the thread title and the body of your message are all very different, and in fact, all the devices you mention have different capabilities, so it's hard to answer your question precisely.

One thing you may want to consider is that the SX10 is SIP only while the other devices can do SIP and H.323.

If you have a need for something other than a really simple device, I'd recommend the SX80 (which, from our experience, provides the equivalent of C90 functionality at around a C40 price).

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.