Helpful
Replies

SX80, SX20 losing audio over HDMI (out)

Duane Viedt
Level 1
Level 1

TC 7.3.6-7.3.7

SX80, SX20 losing audio over HDMI (out)

Losing audio out when connected to Crestron systems and also some monitors.

We are having to reboot entire room system or power cycle the monitors to restore audio.

Happening pretty regularly where we have everything tested and working, then the next day back to no audio out.

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Does the audio stop working whenever the SX80 is connected to only the Crestron, TV, or both?

What happens if you disconnect/reconnect the HDMI cable?

I'd try to connect directly to the TV, see if the issue happens again, and gradually add the Crestron hardware back into the mix one by one.

I haven't found any bug or other people saying they have this issue themselves, however it would be worth trying a software upgrade, you're a few minor versions behind the current release if TC software (TC7.3.9), you could even consider upgrading to CE software.

Thanks Patrick,

We've seen it in a few different scenarios. (Most prominently with Crestron systems in line) It almost seems like a timeout/handshake issue.

I'll take a look at software upgrades. We'll need to start looking at CE eventually anyway. Any downside to running CE software in a VCS environment?

I'll update if I discover anything new.

Check the CE8 Release Notes, there is a few pages in it that covers things to know when upgrading from TC to CE software.

Thanks Patrick,

Definitely some considerations for us as we still have many C series and EX series deployed. Starting to make the jump to CE for a few eligible endpoints and so far so good with TMS 15.4.

We are revisiting our more complex rooms to utilize analog audio to avoid the HDMI issues going forward.

Appreciate the feedback.