cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX80 with CTS- CAM P60

j.philip1
Level 1
Level 1

P60 camera is auto focusing the speaker with every little or no movement of the speaker. My configuration is with Sx80 and P60 with touch 10 controllers.  Any way to resolve this issue.

Thanks

JP

I wanted to add a comments for those who having same problem. I recently figured out after creating the camera preset using Touch 10 you could turn off the preset triggor auto focus off to avoid the situation, see attached documents..

8 Replies 8

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What software version is the SX80 running?

Have you tried to update the software to most recent release to see if it resolves the issue?  Depending on if you're running TC or CE software, it would be either TC7.3.5 or CE8.0.1.

TC7.3.3.c84180a

I've the same issue with TC7.3.4.e4daf54

j.philip1
Level 1
Level 1

I did, but no luck. I end up tricking camera white balance, I have a very light blue/Gray color painted wall, I put a poster  mostly with white color and image. So camera see the white color and stays focused most of the time. 

JP

Have you tried upgrading the SX80 software?

If you have another SX80 or Precision 60 camera, you can try and swap the camera to see if the issue follows the camera, if it does then it might be an issue with the camera.  However, if the issue stays with the codec, then it could be the SX80 or it could be the room itself not allowing the camera to focus on something.

jhayford1
Level 1
Level 1

I have this issue as well and am wondering if it is the LED room lighting. everything else I've tried has led to no positive results.  were you ever able to solve it or narrowdown the cause?

Thanks 

JH

siggiv
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

did you get any solution on this issue ? 

I have the same. It seems that the camera adjusts the focus every 8 seconds or so. 

It would be great if we had a setting that says only Auto Focus on camera movement. 

Update..

I just upgraded the endpoint from CE 8.1.1 to CE 8.2.2 and it seems to have solved the issue. .... So far so good at least.