Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

System Name not appear in remote site

Dear Community,

I've C-60 which's registered in SIP, I mention the name of my unit in "SystemUnit" option and also type the same in H:323 Alias ID (but i'm not using H:323)

Issue is: when i connect the call Point to Point or via MCU, remote party see our IP not Name

Kindly assit me in this regards,

Ahsan Syed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

try the following Command:

xConfiguration SystemUnit ContactInfo Type

Describes which parameter to put in the status field in the upper left corner on the screen display. The information can also be read with the command xStatus SystemUnit ContactInfo.

Requires user role: ADMIN

Value space:

Auto: Shows the address which another system can dial to reach this system, depending on the default call protocol and system registration.

None: Do not show any contact information.

IPv4: Shows the IPv4 address as the contact information.

IPv6: Shows the IPv6 address as the contact information.

H323Id: Shows the H323 ID as the contact information.

E164Alias: Shows the H323 E164 Alias as the contact information. SipUri: Shows the SIP URI as the contact information. SystemName: Shows the system name as the contact information.

Example: xConfiguration SystemUnit ContactInfo Type: Auto

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/codec-c-series/tc5/api_reference_guide/codec_c60-c40_api_reference_guide_tc51.pdf#page61

Regards, Paul

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

You need to enter the name in the "Display Name" field found under SIP settings.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

There's no any option of Disply name in Sip Setting.

See the attach snap below,

Hi,

try the following Command:

xConfiguration SystemUnit ContactInfo Type

Describes which parameter to put in the status field in the upper left corner on the screen display. The information can also be read with the command xStatus SystemUnit ContactInfo.

Requires user role: ADMIN

Value space:

Auto: Shows the address which another system can dial to reach this system, depending on the default call protocol and system registration.

None: Do not show any contact information.

IPv4: Shows the IPv4 address as the contact information.

IPv6: Shows the IPv6 address as the contact information.

H323Id: Shows the H323 ID as the contact information.

E164Alias: Shows the H323 E164 Alias as the contact information. SipUri: Shows the SIP URI as the contact information. SystemName: Shows the system name as the contact information.

Example: xConfiguration SystemUnit ContactInfo Type: Auto

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/codec-c-series/tc5/api_reference_guide/codec_c60-c40_api_reference_guide_tc51.pdf#page61

Regards, Paul

Yes there is, at least in TC6 (pretty sure it was in the earlier versions as well, but located in different spot) - screenshot below from web gui:

you can also use CLI as Paul said.

/jens

What kind of deployment do you use?

If you use VCS, you should not use an ip as the uri, in some scenarios also the p-asserted-identity header added by a VCS might change the behavior on what is shown, ...

Also you should not use cisco as the type, just standard

If you use CUCM you should do the configuration via CUCM, use CUCM >8.6 and I would recomend TC6

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Thanks Paul, Jens and Martin,

Now for the limitation of time I didn’t make call for verify that remote party see my name or not? But i setup the

SystemUnit ContactInfo from Auto to System Unit,

Now the name is appear in top left corner but i get back to you if it resolved.

Martin We used C-60 with using CUCM, I've one more question which's not related to this topic but i want to share this community, We try to register our unit on CUCM using TC5/5.1.3 version but can't able to register, I search the solution then I get the info “if your C-60 run in TC 4 or + so u able to registered via SIP", and I successful, Question is there any possibility that TC6 is resolved this if I upgrade the system?

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

I strongly recommend upgrading to TC6 as there's a lot of improvements and fixes in this release.

/jens

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App