cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tandberg 150 Video Phone

c-craig
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone tried connecting a Tandberg 150 video phone to a CallManager 4.0 environment?

We have configured one as an h.323 device.

We can make audio and video phones from any IP phone TO the Tandberg150.

BUT - when we try to make a call FROM the Tandberg150 to an IP phone, the Tandberg screen flashes up with Call Proceeding, and then instantly says Call Diconnected. The IP phone does nothing.

Any ideas as to what may be missing?

Thanks

9 Replies 9

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

If there is not a gatekeeper in the environment try this. Set the Tandberg to use the publisher. In callmanager, but it in a device pool that only uses the publisher. I have had a couple of cases on this. I do not know why the Tandberg works like this, but this is what I have seen.

Thanks for that information.

We only have one CallManager (publisher) as it's a demonstration/development system.

No gatekeeper.

Still no luck. I've tried different partitions, CSS and various paramenters on the H.323 definitions and on the Tandberg 150 but still no go.

If anyone has it working, I'd love a screen shot of the CallManager H.323 definitions and a quick description of the Tandberg setup. Perhaps it's a software version thing. I'll check to see if there is a more up-to-date load for it - but there is little technical information available on the Tandberg site.

I am having the same problem. Although I don't have a gatekeeper in the mix, I do have a gateway. I did notice that when I turn on 'debug cch323 all' and try to make a call from the Tandberg T150 nothing shows in the debug. It is as if the call was never attempted.

Try spanning the port the Tandberg is on and run a capture of an attempted call with Ethereal. Looking at the H.323 messages directly will likely show why the call is failing. I've found this approach very useful when troubleshooting H.323 issues.

netlan4330
Level 1
Level 1

Try to do this, find out if the Tandberg 150 can be set it for voice call, by default all videoconferencing unit makes video call(Tandberg,Polycom) but some H.323 Ip phone can handled voice call only.

nyciscotech
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone have any luck correcting this? Have a 150 as well that is experiencing the same issue. Inbound calls work ok, as well as outbound calls to IP. But I receive "call disconnected" immediately when trying to dial an internal extension.

Thanks

What version of software are you running on the TANDBERG 150MXP? I debug a lot of Gatekeeper/CallManager issues by running debug on the T150. It is a little different than running debug on a router. Telnet to the device. The default telnet password, unless you have changed it, is "TANDBERG". Begin a capture text and enter "syslog 3". This will turn the most detailed debug on. Try to place the call and then go back through and read the messages being sent/received to/from the Publisher.

Thank you very much for the response. The version of software on the device is L1.0

Everything works fine if I have SCCP phones place a call to it, just immediate disconnect when I try to place a call to an extension from it.

Let me run the tests you suggested and I will post the results shortly.

Thanks

The current version is L4.1 and I remember that there were a lot of issues around communicating to CallManager back when L1.0 was released.

Please refer to http://ftp.tandberg.net/pub/software/endpoints/personal_series/150/ for the software release notes.

Unfortunately, when the product was first released, the upgrade process was not as easy as it is in the current version of software. I would recommend calling the TANDBERG TAC at 866-TANDBERG or e-mail techsupport@tandbergusa.com to upgrade your system from L1.0. You will also need a release key for the upgrade.