Views
Helpful
Replies

Tandberg / Cisco 6000 MXP Conundrum

peter.nevai
Level 1
Level 1

All righty then,

I get more and more of these inquiries lately.

A customer has a 6000 MXP and they are enquiring about features , options and software upgrades. No I contacted Partner Help Center, and TAC asking a simple question. "Can you please tell me what options (multi-site, High Resolution option, etc) and software revision the unit originally shipped with"? Well since the unit is no longer under warranty, or under contract they cannot open a case with licensing to be able to just provide me with this basic information. NOTE I can go log into Polycom and pull up the complete history of a product by serial number even though it was sold back in 2005 without any hassle. Cisco Take Note!

Anyway what I need to know is what the latest software revision can the unit be upgraded to. It is a

TANDBERG CISCO TELEPRESENCE 6000MXP TTC6-08 REV2 CTS-INTP6000-K9 Serial Number 25A05184

It would have been nice to know what options it was licensed with but heck I'll settle on the latest SW version that this thing can support. The thing is that if I remember correctly it all depends upon a license key. Meaning I cannot update the SW without supplying a license key to activate it, which Cisco can not provide because they no longer offer support for the product and without the license key I cannot upgrade the software. Anyone have any Ideas?

15 Replies 15

Hi everyone,

The company wants to get rid of the old Tandberg unit and replace the lot with new and improved Cisco Videoconferencing unit.

Anybody an sugestion what would be the best equilavent?

It is needed for a big crowd (50+ users)

Also changing the camera's one fisheye room view and a zoom camera (speaker).

Thanks in advanced,

Ferry