Views
Helpful
Replies

Tandberg Edge 95 MXP - far end camera control

vieira.lucas1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
I work with videoconference management, including TMS.
Usually, when I want to see an endpoint camera transmition (and control the far end camera) I connect myself to the conference through TMS and watch it on Jabber.
My question: is it possible to watch instantly an endpoint camera transmition without using Jabber (through the endpoint browser console, for example)?
I'm asking this because in the browser overview there are only the arrows to control the camera, but there isn't any video transmition to check what you are controling (I'm sending an image of what I'm talking about).

Thanks for helping!
Lucas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You need to enable web snapshots, notice in the top right the two images that say "Web Snapshot Disabled".  Whenever you enable web snapshots, you can then see the video being sent and recieved from the MXP.  To enable web snapshots, you do so in Control Panel > Video, refer to the MXP Series Admin Guide on pg 63.

Note, you will only view web snapshots for non-encrypted conferences.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Lucas,

Let me move this post to Telepresence community. This community is for Cisco Webex Meetings Server and Cisco Unified MeetingPlace products, and is not observed by TP experts.

I hope this will get you the answers you need faster.

Kind regards,

-Dejan

Ok, thanks!

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You need to enable web snapshots, notice in the top right the two images that say "Web Snapshot Disabled".  Whenever you enable web snapshots, you can then see the video being sent and recieved from the MXP.  To enable web snapshots, you do so in Control Panel > Video, refer to the MXP Series Admin Guide on pg 63.

Note, you will only view web snapshots for non-encrypted conferences.

I see. So it's not possible to watch a live video, only static images?

You could use the streaming function of the MXP to see live video, see Overview > Streaming.  You can see the streaming tab in the image you uploaded.

I think it's the solution I'm looking for. My streaming in the browser is disabled, but I'll try configuring the endpoint to allow it. Thanks very much for your help!

The web snapshot is disabled so you cannot see the video on the web interface of the codec. You can only enable it by accessing the settings of the system using the remote control.

Using the remote control, go to Control Panel > Video and make sure web snapshot is enabled.

regards,

Acevirgil

Thanks!