Views
Helpful
Replies

Tandberg VCS TTC2-04 External Calls

emery.tressler1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have been tasked with setting up a Tandberg VCS to accept both internal and external calls.  I was able to set it up to accept the internal calls, but I have had no luck setting it up for external.  Do I need a second VCS to be able to do this? Or, am I just missing something obvious?

Thanks,

Emery

3 Replies 3

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To do a proper Expressway setup, you need a VCS-Control inside and a VCS-Expressway on the public/DMZ side. 

See this document on how it works:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/X8-1/Cisco-VCS-Basic-Configuration-Control-with-Expressway-Deployment-Guide-X8-1.pdf

We are just using it to test with the SIP phones we make. So, it would be our west coast office dialing in to the VCS on the east coast.  There's no way to set it up without a VCS-Expressway on the public side?

Either you move everything on the inside of your network and you use a VPN without NAT and transparent routing in between all the phones and the VCS-Cs

Or if you know what you are doing, like how sip / h323 behaves you can place your phones and the VCS-C(s) on public ip addresses. You can either use one or two VCS-C for that.

This should also include secure passwords on the devices as well as a properly configured firewall to only allow media and signaling traffic to the phones and the VCS-C(s).

But this is not a recommended deployment, so you might have trouble getting support if something does not work.

If you want a proper setup at least one VCS-E is required here. Depending on what / how you want to test a second VCS-E might be useful as well.

Some companies also offer this as a service.

Please rate messages with the stars below and set the thread to answered if it is.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify