Views
Helpful
Replies

TEHO or Calling over WAN

Davy Ad
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

I need your advice on what to do to make this work please.

I am having problem in translation-rule on CME, I have 4 VOIP Dial-peers to remote branche office, the other three Brache office are fine

but the fourth one has the same extension as Frankfur (Main - Office).

Berlin-CME has 201 - 210 Extension number, while Frankfurt-CME has 2001 - 2040 Extension Number.

When I applied destination-pattern 2../(20X) on Berlin Dial-Peer, I can call to Berlin Branch office, but i can not make call to Frankfurt Via WAN with (20XX) / 2...

When I removed 2.. on Berlin Dial-peer and created tranlation Rule 7 for Berlin on Main office CME.

The translation-rule test  works fine as it shows on MAIN-OFFICE_CME, but i can not make calls to Berlin Extension , but can call with DID number 792623.. via WAN, but 2.. is not work

I can call if i use DID number 792623..

DIAGRAM

=========

/----------{WAN}-----------\ 

/                                  -------[CME-BERLIN]

/                                   /---------[CME-Frankfurt]

[MAIN-Office-CME]--/\                                  /

\                                /------[CME-Denmark]

\---------[PSTN]----------/-----------[CME-LONDON]

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

It does not work because you have overlapping dialpeers at main site.

What you can do is. Translate called number ( to Berlin) and add some digit in to it. create dial peer with that added digits toward Berlin. And again create translation rule in Berlin router to remove the added digit.  

Regards

Ronak Patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

It does not work because you have overlapping dialpeers at main site.

What you can do is. Translate called number ( to Berlin) and add some digit in to it. create dial peer with that added digits toward Berlin. And again create translation rule in Berlin router to remove the added digit.  

Regards

Ronak Patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Hello Ronak,

I knew this already, where i want you to help is on Translation, that is where i need help, not on overlapping.

Check attachment and you might see what i need help on is translation rule not working .

Thanks

Hello all,

Here is the solution;

Creat Steering code ( like Prefix) or you will have to use the T for

overlapping dial plans.

(A)

dial-peer voice 200 voip

destination-pattern 2..T

session target ipv4:10.10.X.2

=====and==

(B)

dial-peer voice 2000 voip

destination-pattern 2...

session target ipv4: 10.20.Y.2

You can press # so you don't have to wait 10 seconds, but you will

either create a steering code or wait 10 seconds.

HTH

Dak