Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresence endpoints question

Hi guys. Sorry if I am repeating question posted earlier, but I could not find answers yet so I will ask you guys anyway :) . We have endpoints sx20, 80 c40, c 90 setup in out conf. rooms and planning to move to webex.  we don't have TPS, MCU, TMS, CMS .

1 Is it possible to use those conf rooms with sx20/80 c40/90 for webex ? 

2 I can start webex from computer but can't figure out how to integrate codec to this webex conference at this case , any solutions ?

thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

For each user account, WebEx Video url will be different, if you can take care of that you may do some translation or mapping on your call agent i.e, CUCM or VCS to make it work.

There's no PC/codec integration to make calls however as a workaround you may have a PC in the same room used for creating WebEx meeting. Now after starting Webex from this PC, go to Call me >> More Options >> Call my Video System >> enter the video url just once and check mark the box "remeber video address on this computer" should ideally do the job.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

faanis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI,

If you're referring to how to join a WebEX meeting using Telepresence endpoints, you may dial the video url of WebEx from your endpoint. Else, you may also call your endpoint from the WebEx meeting. On the WebEX meeting info page, you get video address and audio connection both. That is, from your endpoint you can make a video or an audio call to the WebEx meeting. (Considering your endpoints can make external calls, its really simple to join WebEx through these devices! )

dialing url is p...of...a :) , what about : 

-can i map 5digit extension number to url so user will just dial xxxxx instead of url ?

or

-is itpossible integrate/cooperate PC and codec so in conf room with screen user login under his AD account then user will just click with mouse start meeting under his webex account and conference room with codecs+screen+speakers will join ? 

thank you

For each user account, WebEx Video url will be different, if you can take care of that you may do some translation or mapping on your call agent i.e, CUCM or VCS to make it work.

There's no PC/codec integration to make calls however as a workaround you may have a PC in the same room used for creating WebEx meeting. Now after starting Webex from this PC, go to Call me >> More Options >> Call my Video System >> enter the video url just once and check mark the box "remeber video address on this computer" should ideally do the job.