Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresence Licensing

andres.blanco1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Hope this does not sound very silly. Which is the difference between the following two license of the Cisco Telepresence Room:

1) LIC-MX200-MS - MX200 G2 MultiSite Option

2) LIC-TP-SMP-EP - Shared Multiparty Lic for 1 Concurrent Meeting inc 2 RMS License.

Thanks in advance,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The Multisite option key is so you can use the embedded four-way conference feature of the MX200 G2, where you can connect up to three other participants without the need of a dedicated conference bridge such as an MCU/TelePresence Server.  You can read more about the multisite feature in the MX200 G2 Data Sheet.

The Shared Multiparty License is for those that have Conductor and a TelePresence Server, one SMP license can host a single conference with multiple participants up to the capacity of the TelePresence Server.  Refer to the Multiparty Licensing At-a-Glace for more information.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The Multisite option key is so you can use the embedded four-way conference feature of the MX200 G2, where you can connect up to three other participants without the need of a dedicated conference bridge such as an MCU/TelePresence Server.  You can read more about the multisite feature in the MX200 G2 Data Sheet.

The Shared Multiparty License is for those that have Conductor and a TelePresence Server, one SMP license can host a single conference with multiple participants up to the capacity of the TelePresence Server.  Refer to the Multiparty Licensing At-a-Glace for more information.

Excelent information Patrick, 

I still have the doubt,

If i want to buy an endnpoint (Like MX200G2) and i own a Telepresence Server/MCU which provides me the capability to conferencing on multisite, Do i need the Shared Multiparty License for the end point in order to acquire the capabilities of the license?

So, a new Shared Multiparty License is needed for each end point logged to the Telepresence Server?

Thanks a lot for your time and your knwoledge.

No problem.  Don't forget to mark you thread as answered, to help others find answers more quickly that might have the same question.

Yep, i certainly will, i added another doubt in the reply, can you give me some light on it..

Thanks

If you already have an MCU/TelePresence that is licensed with either media ports (MCU) or screen licenses (TPS), than I suggest you use that as nothing else would be needed.

Multiparty licensing only works if you have Conductor and TelePresence Server, MCU dosen't support this license mode.  With multiparty licensing, this takes the place of screen licenses on the TelePresence Server, so instead of having screen licenses on the TPS that are per participant, with SMP you have a per conference license.  So with 1 SMP license, you can host a single conference with as many participants as you want up to the capacity that TelePresence Server hardware allows.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: