Replies

Telepresence Screen License

Hi everyone,

As my subject above about Telepresence Server Screen License,

I have several endpoint that register to CUCM 10.x as SIP:

1 unit TX9000

1 unit SX20

6 units SX10

How many Telepresence Screen License that I need so all endpoint can join at conference room at the same time if the resolution for each endpoint that I need is HD 720p30 video and 720p5 content?

Please advise,

Regards,

Ovindo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Robb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ovindo,

I would advise reviewing the TPS release notes for the chart that details Screen License Usage starting on page 20 to ensure you have the correct amount:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/ts/release_note/Cisco-TelePresence-Server-Software-Release-Notes-4-0-2-8.pdf

The TX9000 will use 1 and 1/2 Screen License

The other 7 units, 1 SX20 and 6 SX10 would use 1/2 of a license each

-Jonathan

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Robb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ovindo,

I would advise reviewing the TPS release notes for the chart that details Screen License Usage starting on page 20 to ensure you have the correct amount:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/ts/release_note/Cisco-TelePresence-Server-Software-Release-Notes-4-0-2-8.pdf

The TX9000 will use 1 and 1/2 Screen License

The other 7 units, 1 SX20 and 6 SX10 would use 1/2 of a license each

-Jonathan

Hi Jonathan, So if I have 7 Screen Licenses on my Telepresence Server is it enough? Do I still need Telepresence Conductor to accomplish those Screen License scenario on Telepresence Server? Or those scenario already covered with Telepresence Server only? Please advise, Regards, Ovindo

You don't need conductor, but you are probably better off if you've got it.  For your scenario, you could use the free version of Conductor so long as you have some VM infrastructure to install it on, so you wouldn't have to pay anything.

If you aren't using Conductor, you would want to set your TP server to "HD" mode rather than "Full HD" so you don't use up all your screen licenses.

Dear Nick Halbert,

Ok, I got it,

Regards,

Ovindo