cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TelePresence Server 8710 cascading and content

Joe Vallender
Level 3
Level 3

We have 8710 TP servers, running 2.2(1.54), and cascading for large conferences containing CTS endpoints and standard endpoints.  Content to sites within the 8710 conference is fine but when we send content from one 8710 conference to another 8710 conference the content is displayed by the endpoints in the far end 8710 conference as a black screen. We are dialing out from one 8710 conference to the other which connects as a three-screen Cisco telepresence endpoint. Neither are defined endpoints in the other 8710.  The originating 8710 shows a content channel open with the jpeg properly showing the content being sent.  The receiving 8710 shows a content channel open but the jpeg shows an empty RX box and the endpoints, although having a content channel open, are displaying a black screen.  Somewhere the content is being lost or not interpreted properly.  I couldn't find any references to cascading and content in the release notes or admin guides.  Content is fine within both conferences but when there is a cascade link the content does not cross the link displaying properly. Anyone have any ideas/help?  Is this a supported feature/function?

2 Replies 2

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I can not try it right now, but maybe this gives you some ideas:

* TPS 3.0 is out, maybe its worth trying that out:

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283645287&softwareid=280886992&release=3.0%282.24%29&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

* Are the TPS registered to a VCS? Which protocols do you use? How do you dial out? does it make a difference if you use sip vs. h323?

* I did not find anything at all regards cascading and the tps in the admin guide or the release notes. Only the conductor guide states that its not supported with it, there might be a reason for it, ...

Do you have a MCU? what happens if you join that in? The MCU also has a Master / Slave setting.

You can test different directions to dial in, different protocols to be used and the master slave setting which

can cause different results.

For now I would assume its not officially supported. Lets hope you get a better / positive answer :-)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Btw, was you write 8710, is this a multi location or a huge call with cascading multiple clusters?

you know you can cluster up to 4 tps blades?

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify