Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresence Server VTS bit rate

ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i have a question, i saw on VTS installed in m410 server, at endpoint statistic connected to the VTS room, it show that channel bit rate of video receive stream is always higher than call rate of endpoint did, in my case there are many packetloss in most of endpoints, for example i call from endpoint (SX20) 1920 kbps but the channel bit rate of receive video stream show 2.5 Mbps while actual bit rate still 2 Mbps as i call, can anyone help me to get explanation ?

Regards,

ahmed

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What is the software version of the TelePresence Server?

Do you see the issue on the main video or content channel?

You could be hitting bug CSCuz11834, where in some cases the TelePresence Server will transmit at a higher bandwidth than what the call rate is and as a result can cause packet loss.

Hi Patrick,

thanks for response,

yes we see poor quality of video and content, i have checked into call status in TPS, at Video receive channel rate always far higher than actual bit rate and call rate which endpoint called. i attached captured status.

In the images you uploaded, it appears the transmit and recieve are both sending less than what the configured call rate is with very little packet loss. What does the extended video section show for the content channel?

Hi patrick,

thanks, i attached extended video status.

also honestly is TPS in virtual machine support for adaptive rate matching feature like old Tandberg MCU ?