cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS (13.2.1) web scheduled meetings not passing meeting PIN to MCU (4501)

bapayne
Level 1
Level 1

When scheduling a meeting the MCU gets the meeting from TMS but does not receive the PIN put in the Password/PIN field on TMS.

I am looking for some troubleshooting help - what controls this relationship and how should it behave

Thank you

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

6 Replies 6

mahkrish
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, Could you pls let us know the software version running on MCU 4501 ? So I can check in my Lab and revert with inputs.

BR,

Mahesh Adithiyha

bapayne
Level 1
Level 1

Model Cisco TelePresence MCU 4501

Serial number SM0040BB

Software version 4.3(1.68)

Build 6.18(1.68)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi, I have tested the booking with password/pin in my Lab on TMS 13.2.1 and MCU s/w 4.3(1.68) and dial in participants are being prompted to enter the PIN configured during booking.

Setting up a password  for a booked MCU or web conference ensures that the conference is  protected from random dial-in participants. The participants will be  asked to enter the password before being connected to the conference.

HTH.

Mahesh Adithiyha

Mahesh,

Just to be clear - you entered the PIN on the TMS when creating the web conference booking, and when users dialed into the conference the MCU asked for the PIN.

correct?

Hi, yes I created a new conference from TMS > Booking > New conference > entered the PIN and saved the conf with MCU and participants and i was prompted to enter the pin during dial in to MCU of that particular conf.

Hi bpayne.  If you can, when you book it, go to Conferences page on MCU to make sure the PIN you entered is actually there.  Should be, but verify for me if you can.  If it is, then navigate to Settings>Conferences Page and verify check box below:

SIP Call In's require the PIN if NOT checked, while H323 callers do not if NOT checked. Can you verify the check box for us please? 

This MCU is 4.3(2.30). 

Thanks.

VR

Patrick