Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS conference name overwrite the indicated at Alias of Conductor

Neil McCauley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We have a deployment with Conductor + Telepresence Server. At TMS Configuration > Conference Settings, the conference name is on the field "Default conference title", and using Smart Scheduler it is possible to modify it while booking.

But I really need that conference name being as indicated at Conductor alias, for the dialed meeting numeric matching the conference title. I know that previous TMS (we are at 15.3) did this feature, but it was changed since 14.6. Now the meeting name is always overwritten by the indicated by default on TMS or at Smart Scheduler.

Are there any way for scheduled meetings on TPS from Conductor, to take the field "conference name" of Conductor Alias?

I already tried with "conferenceName" advanced parameter on Alias, but as stated on guides, it makes troubles and does not works.

Thank you very much in advance. Regards,

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There was an enhancement request that was introduced in TMS 15.0, CSCud24672, that allowed TelePresence Server hosted conferences to use the conference name used in TMS and not what is configured in Conductor's conference template.  The only workaround is to name the conference within TMS to match what is configured in Conductor.

Thanks for your support, Patrick.

I knew about that enhancement, but in fact I need the opposite feature: To use the conference name specified on Conductor alias (under the field "conference name"), not to take the TMS "default conference title" nor the indicated when booking from Smart Scheduler. I mean, that TMS name should not overwrite Alias conference name.

I wonder if there is a workaround to do it, as we need meetings names to match the dialed number. Scheduler does not allow to leave the conference title empty, and this value is later the only considered.

Regards,

As I mentioned in my first reply, the only workaround is to name the conference within TMS to match what is configured in Conductor.  The naming of conferences on the TelePresence Server to match that of what's in TMS is something that is automatic between TMS and Conductor, and cannot be disabled.

Unfortunately, that is not enough as there is a dinamic part on the video address managed by Conductor, and of course TMS can not match it.

I do not understand that TMS 15 do not allow this, when one of the best features of Conductor is to schedule meetings and name it dinamically.