Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS conference with webex enabled

Mamdouh Elgamal
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i'm in the process of configuring TMS and webex integration and been using the following guide

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tms/config_guide/webex_enabled_telepresence/cts_webex_config/cts_webex_site.html#30183

i've configured the tms booking url in the webex admin site. When i try to schedule a conf from TMS and include webex resources. I get the following error:

WEBEX_ERROR_nopstnnumbereturnredbywebex

i'm not sure what's missing in the config

see attached for screen shot

any recommendation is apprecioated. Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I wanted to share the resolution to this error.

it turns out, the number provided by webex for audio call-in is expected to be a toll call-in vs toll free call-in. Basically toll free numbers do not work.

you can make that change in webex portal, preferences -> audio -> edit account -> add a second call-in number (non toll-free), if you cant edit the account, ask your webex provider to allow it.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you configured PSTN audio correct per the guide?

Have you checked the TMS logs?

Are you using PTSN audio on-premises or cloud, see Figures 1-4, 1-5, and 1-6 in Information About the Cisco WebEx Enabled TelePresence Feature chapter.

Hi Patrick,

the error i'm seeing in the logs is

2017-11-14 08:44:15,901 [28] WARN  Tandberg.TMS.Framework.Service.Language.LanguageService - No English text found for WEBEX_ERROR_NoPstnCallInNumberReturnedByWebEx

regarding the documentation you shared, initially i was trying to do figure 1-5

but I'm having some doubts.

in order to implement figure 1-5, does the provider need to setup TSP audio integration and that's it ?

if I'm trying to implement figure 1-5 and I'm using conductor to assign resources, so in TMS conductor is added to the conf bridge. is that an issue ? or do i need to assign MCU resources directly to the conference.

edit: i'm wondering if using conductor is the issue maybe ? it might be worth it to attempt to assign an MCU directly and see what happens ?

Thanks

Conductor isn't supported with CMR Hybrid (aka WebEx Enabled TelePresence) until Update 4 which uses TMS 14.6, Conductor XC3.0, and WBS29.11.  If you're running CMR Hybrid prior to this release, you'll need to use a conference bridge not managed by Conductor.
CMR Hybrid Release Notes (TMS 14.6 - WebEx Meeting Center WBS29.11)

I should be able to use conductor then.

current versions in the environment

TMS :  15.4.0

Conductor: XC 4.3

Webex: WBS31

I don't know then, troubleshooting CMR Hyrbid can be tricky, which is why Cisco goes through an A2Q process and requires the customer to go through a partner when deploying it.  Is this a new deployment or existing?  I'd recommend you open a case with TAC so they can check your configuration and make sure everything on both ends, on-premise and cloud are correct.

The only new aspect of this deployment is Webex integration. Which was technically implemented using a partner.

webex provider mentioned that everything is setup properly on their side.

i don't know if i mentioned that to you, but when i attempt to setup the conference then get the error message.

I also receive a web-ex invitation email, to forward it and start my meeting.

I do have a ticket open with tac and working on it from there.

Thanks for the help.

I wanted to share the resolution to this error.

it turns out, the number provided by webex for audio call-in is expected to be a toll call-in vs toll free call-in. Basically toll free numbers do not work.

you can make that change in webex portal, preferences -> audio -> edit account -> add a second call-in number (non toll-free), if you cant edit the account, ask your webex provider to allow it.