cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Enable Https Tool

mparzynski
Level 4
Level 4

We are planning to enable HTTPS on our TMS (version 13.2.1).   The release notes talk about running the TMSEnableHttpsTool.exe, but I haven't been able to find any documentation on the wizard.   I would like to have the certs ready to go, but want to make sure I generate the CSR from the correct place. 

Is the wizard documented anywhere?  Or do I just generate the CSR from IIS and apply the certs when running the wizard?

I understand I will have to change the endpoints to talk https back to TMS.  Are there any other "gotchas" that might be created?

Thank you.

2 Replies 2

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

This tool is just to simplyfy the enabling of HTTPS in IIS by setting up a binding on 443 and create a self signed certificate. You can also upload your own if you have one that has been signed out to the server. That is pretty much all the tool does.

If you are an advanced user I would have set this up directly in IIS.

/Magnus

Once this is enabled TMS will be accessible on HTTPS which means you can enable Secure Device communication only in TMS. Here you need to make sure all your endpoints have HTTPS enabled else you will get "No HTTPS Response" from the systems. However you can change this on the systems by accessing their webinterface and enable HTTPS this will clear the error in TMS.

Hope this helps

/Magnus

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: