Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS log in issue

David Kos
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

I have a customer that had his security team change the admin account in his host server that he was using for TMS access.  Now when he tries to log into the TMS web page and gets the User Name and Password request he gets refused using either his old or new password.  We tried to reboot the server to see if the new password would take in TMS with no luck.  Any ideas of what else we might be able to try?  Thanks in advance for your help.

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

TMS doesn't store passwords, it just passes the authentication request to either the local server (if using local server accounts) or AD if using a domain account.

Has he tried to log into the TMS server itself if using a local account on the TMS server, does it fail?

If using a domain account, can he verify he can login to anything that uses AD authentication?

Thanks for the reply back Patrick, I think the customer will need to do a combination, log into TMS locally with the server's local admin account and adjust the AD info in TMS as Wayne pointed out in his post.  That should get him back on track.  Thanks again for your input it's always appreciated.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It's highly likely that the username/password credentials that TMS uses for the AD lookup are now different.

In TMS (which you'll have to access via the TMS server's local admininstrator account), you'll need to go to Adminstrative Tools, Network Settings, then scroll down to the Active Directory setting. When there, re-enter the correct AD username / domain / password for a valid user account that TMS can use to query the AD.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for reminding me of the adjustment that needs to be made in TMS, I forgot about that section because you usually don't have to mess with it that often.  I think once they make that adjustment they should be operational again.  As always, Thanks for your timely response, it's truly appreciated.