Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS MCU AND VCS ISSUE

Chet Cronin
Level 4
Level 4

ALCON,

Need some clarification.  I have 85 devices being monitored on my TMS 13.2 VM. 

Two MCu's (Codians) have been on it over a year with no issues noted.

I added a third (Codian) a bout a week ago and was running a report (MCU occurrances) for a period of time.

The report reflect only the two older bridges but nothing on the third??? 

Also noticed on my VCS cluster I recently added to the TMS.

Two of the three VCS servers show up in the report I run for occurrances also. 

I verrfied in the SNMP area the community string I use is correct and pointing to the TMS server on all devices are set up the same???

Any ideas why the data on for the third MCU and the VCS isn't reflected as even being on the system in the report section of TMS???

Thanks

VR

Chet

Chet Cronin
4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Has the third MCU been used as of yet, since you added it into TMS?  If I'm not mistaken, TMS is mostly an application with a database on the back end.  All that data if I recall is stored in the database, and if you haven't used that MCU yet, than you will not see it in any reports until you do.

Thank you for the response.  Yes the MCU is being used.  That is the strange part... I thought the same thing but for some reason TMS isn't collecting the data off the MCU. 

When I check the System Statis it indicates that the MCU is connected to the TMS and the VCS is also but

no data is being forwarded or if it is being forwarded the TMS isn't acknowleging the information and putting it in the database. 

I verified the services are running on the server and the SQL DB is functioning... Strange?

Chet Cronin

In 13.2, TMS only gets CDRs from an MCU/TS if the bridge has sent a feedback event at least once. This could be where it goes wrong in your installation.

For a list of all bridges TMS is monitoring the CDR log from, use this SQL query against the TMSNG database:

SELECT Name, [objSystemCDRProcessStatus].LastUpdated

FROM [tmsng].[dbo].[objSystemCDRProcessStatus] JOIN [tmsng].[dbo].[objSystem] ON SystemId = Id

Do you see the third Codian MCU in the list and with a sensible timestamp? If not, adding it to the table manually could be a workaround for you.

Also note that since 14.1, TMS automatically adds all managed bridges to this table (no matter if it ever sent feedback or not), so upgrading should take care of your issue.

Regards,

Kjetil

Sir,

Thank you.  I did submit my request to licensing for the upgrade key for 14.3.1 .... Will let you know how it goes.

Thank you.

Chet

Chet Cronin