Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Meeting confirm always show video address

Paul Woelfel
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

I'm trying to force TMS to show the SIP URI for Dial-In participants all the time in the meeting invite. The URI is in the email, if I add an Dial-In particpiant or the connect mode is set to OBTP. If set to Automatic Connect, this address does not show up.

We are booking the meetings via TMSXE, so it is not possible to add Dial-In participants (unfortunatetly).

Is it possible to add all Dial In (ISDN, H323, SIP) options automatically?

Regards,
Paul        

Regards, Paul
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

TMS 14.5 just released, TMS now provides a dial-in address in the booking invite, and doesn't rely on a dial-in participant to be added to the conference unlike before. I've also confirmed it works with Conductor as well!

From TMS 14.5 release notes:

Dial-in addresses in booking confirmation emails

Booking confirmation emails now always include dial-in numbers, regardless of whether participants are scheduled to dial into the conference. For multipoint conferences hosted on an external bridge, dial-in numbers to the bridge for all protocols used are included. For point-to-point calls or calls hosted on an endpoint with embedded multisite, addresses of all participants are included.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

daleritc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

>>We are booking the meetings via TMSXE, so it is not possible to add Dial-In participants (unfortunatetly).

This is possible using the Cisco TelePresence form. See page of the TMSXE User doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tmsxe/user_guide/Cisco_TMSXE_user_guide_3-1.pdf

How to deploy this form is found in the TMSXE install doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tmsxe/install_guide/Cisco_TMSXE_install_guide_3-1-2.pdf#page37

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Dale,

we don't want to deploy the Cisco Form, because it won't work in all versions of Outlook and is much effort. We just want to add the info in the email.

Regards, Paul

We use Automatic Connect with TMSXE and in the template you can use the numeric ID.

If the SIP/H323 dial in is essentially (your numeric ID)@(your-domain) then you can edit the template accordingly, something like:

SIP/H323 Dial in: sip:[NUMERIC_ID]@comany.com .

In our environment, the MCU's H323 registrations are numeric only, so we also have a search rule on the VCS to prevent interworking.  It's essentially:

Protocol: H323

Regex: (MCU-dial-plan)@ourdomain.com

Replace string: \1

Stop at local zone

Likewise, if your ISDN dial plan matches up with your internal MCU/endpoint dial plan, you could also edit the template to include your ISDN prefix, e.g. 55555[NUMERIC_ID]

Hi Nick,
I forgot to mention that we are using Conductor. This variable is always empty, if you schedule a call with Conductor as conference resource.

Regards, Paul

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

TMS 14.5 just released, TMS now provides a dial-in address in the booking invite, and doesn't rely on a dial-in participant to be added to the conference unlike before. I've also confirmed it works with Conductor as well!

From TMS 14.5 release notes:

Dial-in addresses in booking confirmation emails

Booking confirmation emails now always include dial-in numbers, regardless of whether participants are scheduled to dial into the conference. For multipoint conferences hosted on an external bridge, dial-in numbers to the bridge for all protocols used are included. For point-to-point calls or calls hosted on an endpoint with embedded multisite, addresses of all participants are included.

Great to hear! I'll upgrade and try this asap!
Regards, Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: