Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS not importing AD Users

I am having problems to import users from AD to the TMS. In the Active Directory section, I set Allow AD groups to Yes and I was able to Import a Group from AD, but when a enter in this group there is no users in it.

I tryed to log on with a user and click Update Groups From AD on the group page, but still, no user on group.

Anyone have already faced this ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Since you said you've been using local accounts, I presume you've never used AD accounts until now. If your TMS is not already a member of your AD domain, you'll need to add it, as TMS relies on IIS for authentication, and IIS won't know how to authenticate your users unless it is in the domain (or in a domain with a trust relationship to your user's domain). If TMS is already a member of your domain, you might have an IIS issue, in which case you should refer to Section 9 in the Troubleshooting Guide for TMS

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

When you import a group into TMS, it will initally start with no users, only after a user logs into TMS will the AD group start to contain users.

The "Update Groups From AD" option, only updates AD group memberships for all users that already have accounts added in TMS.

Refer to the "Adding Active Directory groups" in the TMS 15.2 Admin Guide for more information.

Hi Patrick,

I tryed to login into TMS with the AD user, but with no success.

It seems that with the AD credentials isnt working.

In fact what I really need it's a way that the users can schedule their webex meetings.

Thats why I am trying to put some users into TMS.

Regards,

Mauricio

Did you apply permissions to the AD groups within TMS so they can login and schedule their meetings?  By default, newly created groups have no permissions.

Yes, full permission.

Is your account you've been using up to now an AD account?

What happens when you try to log into TMS with an AD account that is a member of a group your imported, does anything appear on the screen or provide an error message?

The account is a local admin account.

When I try to log into TMS with and AD account keeps appearing a pop up to enter user/password, just like when I log with the admin account. When I press cancel the following error message appears :

"Server Error
401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.
You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied."

Since you said you've been using local accounts, I presume you've never used AD accounts until now. If your TMS is not already a member of your AD domain, you'll need to add it, as TMS relies on IIS for authentication, and IIS won't know how to authenticate your users unless it is in the domain (or in a domain with a trust relationship to your user's domain). If TMS is already a member of your domain, you might have an IIS issue, in which case you should refer to Section 9 in the Troubleshooting Guide for TMS

Thanks, Patrick. TMS actually wasn't member of my AD domain. As soon as I added it in domain, I was able to log into TMS with an AD User

Regards,

Mauricio