Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Phonebook on CUCM-registered TC endpoints

Since TMS version 14.4.0 it is possible to get the phonebook server of a CUCM-registered endpoint  to point to the TMS phonebook instead of the CUCM phonebook.

I tried to set it up but I still can't get it to work.

On the TC endpoint (version TC7.1.3), in Configuration >System Configuration > Phonebook Server,

I setup the server type as TMS and the URL as http://TMSserverFQDN/tms/public/external/phonebook/phonebookservice.asmx

When I SSH onto the TC endpoint I can ping the TMS serverFQDN so the DNS resolution on the endpoint is apparently working.

When I open that URL into my browser I do get a page called "PhoneBookService" with links GetPhonebooks, ResolveSystem and Search

But on the endpoint touchscreen it just doesn't work. It just shows "no directory".

How can I troubleshoot this issue?

16 Replies 16

rsgaither
Level 1
Level 1

Lately I am registering SX20's in TMS and when they register they are showing as "Cisco Telepresence TC Endpoint".  They are using the latest software version, TC7.3.9.b938c8e, with TMS version 14.5.0.  The device registers as that type of endpoint, but then shows offline, when the device is actually online.  I can SSH and web into the codec.  They device can make and receive calls as well.  Why is the device showing registered as Cisco Telepresence TC Endpoint when it's an SX20, and showing offline in TMS when it's actually online.

What version of Windows is your TMS running on?

Did you recently upgrade the endpoints, if so what was the software version prior to upgrade?

TC7.3.6 discontinued support for TLS 1.0, which can cause communication between TMS and endpoint to fail if TLS 1.1 and 1.2 aren't enabled on the server.  Make sure Windows has TLS 1.1 and 1.2 enabled, see TMS reporting "No HTTPS response"