cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS port used for Phonebook

Steve Deslandes
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem with a customer that is unable to pull his phonebook from his TMS. Everything in TMS seems to be configured the way it should and the endpoints as well. Yet, when customer opens his phonebook, the server phonebook doesn't come on and an error 404 not found can be seen. I get the impression that the server cannot be reached by the endpoints probably because the port for phonebook isn't opened. Can you confirm what port is being used for endpoints to pull the phonebook from the TMS server?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Port 80/443 based on protocol the endpoint is using.

You can also look at the TMS Admin Guide for troubleshooting tips on phone book (Corporate Directory) issues, page 28.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tms/admin_guide/Cisco_TMS_Admin_Guide_13-2.pdf

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Port 80/443 depending on the Protocol the endpoint have configured.

An easy test is to copy the phonebook url from the endpoint and type it in your browser and see if you reach the phonebook service. If not then

Something mighr be blocking the request. If you see 401 unauth here its an iis problem, most likely with anonymous authentication in the public folder.

If the endpoints are configured with a static ip and you forgot to type in the dns server address and the phonebook url is trying to resolve a dns name it will also fail in this scenario.

The phonebooks needs to be set on the specific systems in tms to be able to retrieve them, but i assume this is ok.

There are many things that can cause this to break. The ultimate answer will be provided with a tcp dump on the endpoint while doing a lookup or on the tms.

Hope this helps.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Using the same admin guide I linked a moment ago, you can also check the directory permissions on the web server to verify they are correct, page 32.

Thank you everyone for the answers. These will turn out useful for my troubleshooting.