Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS scheduling

rfrome
Level 1
Level 1

Team,

I'm looking for some suggestions for scheduling.

My customer has TMS with TMSXE installed now and want to do their scheduling using Outlook and the Cisco Form. The area where I am looking for some tips or guidelines is as follows.

For multi-point usage, they have an MSE8000. There is an 8710 TP server blade they use for internal multi-point calls. They also have an 8510 MCU they wish to use for external calls with their business partners. TMS is set to use the TelePresence server as the "Preferred MCU in Routing" under Admin tools, Conference settings.

How can I differentiate when scheduling through Outlook between these multi-point resources?

thanks in advance,

robert

4 Replies 4

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Unfortunately you can't as when you make a booking through outlook its going to use the default conference settings (excluded the ones you set in the cisco form). But this also involves the default MCU which you can't set in the Cisco Form. TMS will use the first and best multipoint resource for the conference. 

/Magnus

Thanks Magnus,

so, how do customers with mixed resources in their environment schedule the appropriate resource? Looking for tip, or best practices here. What was recomended back in the good old Tandberg days?

Also, do you know of any effort for a newer version of the Cisoc form that will allow you to select a multi-point resource?

rf

Hi, MCU 8510 or 8710 is a resource managed by TMS and it's not able to import to TMSXE. You can configure an MCU conference as a room in TMS so that it's viewable by TMSXE and import it, it would be treated as an endpoint and it's not recommended.

Mahesh

Hi,

It is extremely unlikely that we ever will expose MCUs in the TMS booking API or in the Outlook form. It is a deliberate design choice to hide such complexities from end users.

Regards,
Kjetil

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App