cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMSXE External Call

prlux2012
Level 1
Level 1

Could you please tell me if there is any possibility to invite one or several external endpoints (IP, URI) using TMSXE.

Thanks.

9 Replies 9

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You should be able to do this using the Cisco TelePresence Advanced Settings Form, refer to the TMSXE 5.3 User Guide on pg 7.  How to deploy this form is covered in the TMSXE 5.3 Deployment Guide starting on pg 53.

Got it. Thanks a lot for the information.

If you are not using the Outlook form, you can add external endpoints to TMS as "Unmanaged Systems" (or "Room Systems" on older versions).  They can then be added to Exchange just like any other TMS system, although "One Button to Push" bookings won't work - they'll be added as a manual dial-in participant (Automatic Connect is probably better in this instance).

The disadvantage is that you must know the endpoints prior to the conference.

Hi Nick;

I use TMSXE  with no OUTLOOK FORM, and we have the follow problem.

My customer want use TMSXE to call CSF JABBER,

When TMSXE by client outlook exchange does an invite to CSF JABBER , it not contain video address to dial in or dial out.

Do you know if using OUTLOOK FORM, the video address to dial will exist in the invite to the remote participant? This remote participant can to be a Cisco Unified Client Services Framework Jabber .

If I not to use OUTLOOK FORM , there must be a way of this invite contain video address dial in or dial out? 

Thanks!

Fabio

If scheduling from Outlook and you've added a TelePresence room, TMS will book the conference and send the scheduler a confirmation email. The scheduler will then need to copy the contents of that email which includes the conference address into the original meetjng invite and send an update to anyone that needs to connect via Jabber. This is outlined in the user guide linked in my earlier reply, see "Booking with Outlook" on pg 5. 

Thanks Patrick,

Do you refer to these two items?

4. Send the meeting invitation.
If your booking includes more than one telepresence room, you will receive confirmation from Cisco TMS that the
meeting has been set up, and information on how participants will connect.

5. Forward this information to the invitees, or paste it into the original meeting invitation and send an update to
distribute the information

Regards;

Fabio

Hello;

After I to configure outlook form, I insert call in and call ou participants in my conference, but I can not save this config.

I guide exist in item 2 a guidance use SEND UPDATE BUTTON. I did not find this option. In attachment is my screen with OUTLOOK FORM, Do you know where is the button SEND UPDATE?

1. Select the Cisco TelePresence tab for the calendar entry and make changes as desired. Any values left as Default will use the default setting as defined in Cisco TMS by the administrator.

2. When you are done changing the settings, use the Send Update button if submitting changes to an existing meeting. Do not click Save and Close as this will only modify your own calendar. uide  

Thanks.

If you edit the calendar invite, and update the TelePresence settings, you don't get the option to send an update?

Hi Patrick;

Thanks to help, in our tests we see that no exist a button with option send and update . Maybe my client outlook version is different.

In the outlook form you add the dial in participants and then click back onto the calendar invite within exchange. When done hit the send button within the calendar invite. The same applies to changes.

Confirmed the booking in TMS included the endpoint and the dial in participants as added in the outlook form.

Thanks by help. It is working now.