cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

[Touch 10 & in-room controls] how to change state of button

Sydd
Level 1
Level 1

I've created a macro that reads the value of a Room Kit Pro after it has just booted. Depending of this value I'd like to have a button I also created on the Touch 10 to become blue or grey.

How can I achieve that ?

I know how to do this :

- for a slider : xcommand UserInterface Extensions Widget SetValue WidgetId: slider1 Value:

- for a toggle button : xcommand UserInterface Extensions Widget SetValue WidgetId: toggle1 Value: on (or off)

- for text button : xcommand UserInterface Extensions Widget SetValue WidgetId: text1 Value : "Hello world"

When I try this for a button :

xcommand UserInterface Extensions Widget SetValue WidgetId: button1 Value: "pressed"

I get this error message :
*r WidgetSetValueResult (status=Error):
*r WidgetSetValueResult Reason: "Invalid Button value: 'pressed'"

I think that it's not possible for a button.

Kind regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
The "value" is not the action for a button.
xCommand UserInterface Extensions Widget SetValue WidgetId: “button” Value: “active” sets the button to active. The Pressed is the event "Type" not the value.
So you would want to send: xcommand UserInterface Extensions Widget Action WidgetId: button1 Type: pressed

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
The "value" is not the action for a button.
xCommand UserInterface Extensions Widget SetValue WidgetId: “button” Value: “active” sets the button to active. The Pressed is the event "Type" not the value.
So you would want to send: xcommand UserInterface Extensions Widget Action WidgetId: button1 Type: pressed

Thank you Mike for your quick answer. That's what I didn't find in the documentation.

I finally found some documentation (sx-mx-dx-room-kit-customization-guide-ce95.pdf) where this is explained :

- page 20 for buttons

- page 21 for group button

Thank you again