cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Touch 10 Fails Update

michaelrrizzo
Level 1
Level 1

Brand new Room Kit installed and registered to TMS. Codec tries to update the Touch 10 but when showing installing on the T10 it will suddenly flash a Failed to Update message then restart the process. 

I have factory reset the T10 and tried it with another codec. When plugged into an older Room Kit it operates normally. The issue only happens with the new Room Kit. 

I swapped in an older T10 and that unit works fine with this room kit. 

The next thing I was going to try in Factory reset the Rook Kit itself.

Any thoughts on how to fix this. 

1 Reply 1

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It's possible the the Room Kit is running an older software image than required on that particular Touch 10 (are you sure it's not one of the new Room Navigator Panels if it's a brand new Room Kit?).

With the Touch Panel connected to the Room Kit, perform a software upgrade on the Room Kit - this will ensure that the codec has a software version that also matches the touch panel connected.

Note: if you are using TMS to perform your upgrades, you will need to use the "Advanced" software upgrade mode and send the appropriate .cop.sgn file to the endpoint (rather than the traditional .pkg file - which only includes the codec software and not that of any connected peripherals such as the cameras and touch interfaces).

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.