cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Touch 12 factory reset

bill.sheldon
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone tell me how to factory reset a Touch 12 (CTS-CTRL-DV12-A=) ?

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This is all I could find at the moment: Touch 12 Installation Guide.  Appears you can either factory initialize the entire endpoint or factor reset it, doesn't appear to be a factory reset for just the Touch.  Description of initialize and reset or outlined in the guide.

I've read that manual several time. The idea that problems have no solution is not good.
We have units that work in all respects but cant find a boot image and . I've seen this on Touch 8's and Touch 10s and normally you can factory reset the touch screen and get out of it.

The codecs that use the Touch 12 and those that use the Touch 8/10 run different software types, so the touch panels and how they function are different.  What might work for one, might not work for the other.

It may or may not help, but the thread tx1310-and-cisco-touch-12, they were having Touch 12 issues and resetting it via one of the two methods mentioned in the install guide.

Thanks Patrick, we have been through those scenarios as well.

The unit concerned is EOL and has no service contract therefore a RMA is out of the question.

I have found that if you try to replace a unit off an older system, 1000/3000 etc with one off a newer unit eg a 500/32 it does the 'cant find boot image' problem. Putting the repplacement back on its original and all fine. I realise that the software for the old and new are slightly different ( P1 v P2), but would have thought they could update themselves.

I have managed to get my hands on another old P1 version and the fault is fixed, but this does not overcome my initial problem.

We have large numbers of EOL units , both in house and in customer premises and still working fine, that are progressively being changed over to new MX and IX units, but we need to be able to service them until budgets allow for the replacement.