Views
Helpful
Replies

TX9000 adding a 2nd PC Monitor

Lance Woodroffe
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Forum,

A customer of ours has asked if they can install an additional PC monitor to their existing TX9000 Telepresence system. The TX9000 already supports 1 PC monitor. Can a 2nd PC monitor be added to this configuration and if so, how do I connect the 2nd PC monitor and how do I access it from my console?

Thank you in advance,

LW

2 Replies 2

Danny Meyer
Level 4
Level 4

Hi.

Do you mean the content screen? Or the cable that delivers the content (notebook cable)?

Danny

Paul Stojanovski
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Lance,

If you are referring to an additional Auxiliary Display commonly installed above or to the side of the TX9000 system the answer is yes, you can. On previous CTS systems such as CTS 3000/3200 there were strict requirements on which auxiliary monitors could be used with the system. For the TX9000/9200 those requirements are no longer in place and we now have a more general guideline listed in the TX6 Release notes which provide a general overview of what to consider prior to purchasing one of these monitors.

TX6 Release Notes

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/tx_sw/6_0/release/notes/tx_sw_6_0_release_notes.html#62693

If you take a look at the TX9x00 wiring diagram this will clearly show you how to connect any auxiliary monitors. Note that all content monitors plug into the LAEB. The main content LCD plugs into port 4 on the LAEB via HDMI and any subsequent auxiliary monitors plug into ports 1, 2, and 3.

Wiring Diagram

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/tx9000/assembly_guide/tx9000_9200_assembly_guide/tx9000_connecting_power_and_signal_cables.html#pgfId-1079092

Regarding the console access, I'm not entirely sure why you need it but if for whatever reason you do you would have to refer to the manufacturers manual.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Paul