Views
Helpful
Replies

TX9000 series uplink configuration

kiwistani
Level 1
Level 1

Hi TP Community Members,

I am looking for Cisco document which provides configuration (or hint to what should be configured) on Uplink Network switch port to which TX9000 codec connects to. 

e.g 

switchport mode access

switchport access vlan XXX (this is the vlan in which codec will reside - generally Video Vlan). 

The attached diagram (TX9000 wiring diagram) points to connectivity for which I am looking information for. 

Thanks

-adil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There is no document that will tell you.  It's just a standard TelePresence endpoint, so needs the switch port configured however is appropriate for the network it is going on to.  As I said before, that setup may be as simple as a standard access port, or may be more complex with a different VLAN, and may also require QoS configruation too - but that all depends on how the client's network is configured in the first place.  

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The port just needs to be an access port in the correct VLAN for whatever your site requires (this may be a Video VLAN, a Voice VLAN, or even part of the standard end user device VLAN).

You should make sure that QoS is configured across the network and that your switch port trusts the QoS markings placed by the endpoint, and that the endpoint is configured consistently with your network QoS policy.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne, 

Thanks for confirming what I believed. However, to convince the customer, I need a reference document either for TX9000 or IX5000. 

Thanks

-adil

I don't think there's any document that tells you what to do here - the answer depends on the network configuration. In my workplace environment, we use the voice VLAN for our video endpoints and phones, but some companies might have separate VLAN's for each. 

There is no document that will tell you.  It's just a standard TelePresence endpoint, so needs the switch port configured however is appropriate for the network it is going on to.  As I said before, that setup may be as simple as a standard access port, or may be more complex with a different VLAN, and may also require QoS configruation too - but that all depends on how the client's network is configured in the first place.  

Wayne

Hello,

There is no document which can tell the exact configuration but if you wanted to know about bandwidth and network requirements then below link is very useful and in detail-

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab11/collab11/cac.html

Thanks.

Please rate if it is helpful...

Thanks
Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable....