cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade to TC3 TC6.3, the password does not work

tec cou
Level 1
Level 1

made an upgrade from a TC3.1 to TC6.3, but the administrator password has special carcacteres, is there any way to reset the password or rebuild without making a hardreset or serial cable?

thank you very much.

7 Replies 7

amehla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Alejandro,

try to login with blank password on TC 6.3

after login, you can change password on web interface.

if try password blank, with "TANDBERG" ...

a colleague wrote, which were not supported special characters "= + ...

but the expression does not change for some?

thanks

Hi Alrjandro

i thought you were not able to login with your password after upgrading to TC 6.3 version, that why i requested to login with blank password.

however, do you want to include special character like +, = in password ?

if I can not login with TC6.3, web or telnet or ssh or ...

my question is that if the special characters are the reason you can not access ...

Hi Alex,

if you are not able to login to the codec with your own password which you had set on codec after upgrade to TC 6.3 version, please try to login with a blank password and then configuration password again on web interface.

this issue is not related to special characters.

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The user of the serial console to recover might be the best option.

Not sure which versions are really affected, but there is a bug regards special characters:

CSCtr25546

You said ssh is also not possible? Did you check if the root account is still active by any chance?

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

is the second that passes me and the two with TC3.x version, and I have many more to update.

It is a series C20 and calble is complicated, but what I do not want is to keep updating if it is not causing the problem.

No function or SSH or telnet, or with root or admin, the authentication fails

I opened the case, I hope to find the solution ..

thanks