Views
Helpful
Replies

Use SIP PAI or Remote-Party-ID as ISDN Calling Party Number

christoph.hable
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I need a solution to use the PAI or the RemoteParty from SIP to ISDN. The only things i have fount is from PSTN to SIP to set a fixed PAI (Official Cisco IOS SIP Config Guide for 12.4T)

Example of Call-Routing:

Softphone with username dials pstn-number -> SIP-Server sets everything and sends invite so cisco-gw --> Cisco AS5350XM receives call, matches dial-peers and send to PSTN --> 2xE1 to PSTN in a trunk-group (DMS Public Switch)

In the trunk-group i've assigned translation-rules to change ISDN type and add 00 to prefix

In the INVITE Message i have the following numbers assigned.

P-Asserted-Identity: <sip:00431NNNNNNNNNNN>

Remote-Party-ID: <sip:00431NNNNNNNNNNN>

My problem is that instead of the PAI or the Remote-Party-ID, the SIP-URI of the FROM get used in the ISDN SETUP Message:

Calling Party Number i = 0x0180, 'username'

I've configured remote-party-id in the sip-ua config-mode but when i make show run it doesn't get displayed.

I use the following IOS version at the moment in my test environment:

Cisco IOS Software, 5350 Software (C5350-JK9S-M), Version 12.4(24)

For this problem i couldn't found a solution on cisco pages, cisco books nor any website. So i hope someone could help me here. Thanks

BR,

Christoph H.

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I think you need a TCL script to do this.

See number2name script that I wrote:

http://pbevila.fastmail.fm/public/

Thanks for the fast response since i've posted in the wrong topic ;)

Do you know a good documentation for TCL script implementation or can you shortly explain it?

Would you say there is no other possibility with IOS?

BR,

Christoph

The TCL/IVR manual that you can download and few more documents. There are commands to access SIP headers and many more things.

Scripts are easy to read but not so much to write.

You say it's a 12.4T command but you have 12.4 ?