Views
Helpful
Replies

Use Touch 10 camera page to control third party cameras

gatsoman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I've got a WebEx Pro Kit going into an auditorium space, which has 6 non-Cisco cameras in it. The codec has a single camera feed going into it which I can route any of the 6 cameras to (they have been scaled appropriately and show up and switch fine). I can use the UI Extensions Editor combined with my external control system to control the cameras no problem.

However the client would like to explore the actual proper Touch 10 camera page controlling the cameras. Right now it shows that it is connected to a single non-controllable camera as you'd expect.

Is there a way using the API (much like when you add "Virtual" content sources using "UserInterface Presentation ExternalSource Add") to create cameras, make the codec think that these cameras are controllable, and then subscribe or sniff out the camera control buttons being pressed?

cheers

1 Reply 1

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No, the only way to do the control of the 3rd party cameras is as you have initially described by creating separate UI Extensions.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.