cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using single Touch-10 with two codecs

RS1601763J2
Level 1
Level 1

It is possible to swap a Touch-10 between two codecs.  When I plug my touch-10 into a different codec it doesn't recognize it as a valid connection.

2 Replies 2

From what I know a touch 10 can be paired with one codec. It is AFAIK not possible to pair it with multiple codecs simultaneously.

Response Signature

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

A touch 10 cannot be used with multiple codecs at once - there should be no issue with disconnecting it from one and connecting it with another - you may need to factory reset it if it continues not to work.

There may also be a hardware/software incompatibility.  See the "Peripherals hardware dependencies" section of the CE9 release notes.

Depending on the codecs you are using, there may also be PoE issues - the newer codecs can provide PoE for the Touch10 directly, where some of the older ones require you use a PoE Injector between the codec and Touch10.

Without knowing which codec models or versions you are using, it's a little hard to provide more specific information.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.