Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS 8.2 - Neighbor zone ports

amirsepa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am unable to find any documentation on Ports used between VCS-E neighbors. The document "Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server (Cisco VCS) IP Port Usage for Firewall Traversal" does not list neighbor scenario.

When neighbor zone is established between two VCS-E neighbors what are the tcp/udp ports used?

H.323

SIP

Media

Is it possible to configure the media port ranges for neighbor zones (not traversal zones)? Or is that hard coded?

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

In the web gui go to Maintenance/Tools/Port_Usage/Local_outbound_ports and you should see a list of ports ranges used, look for the ones with "zones" next to them.

You have the normal ports for initial RAS etc 1719 (h.323) and 5060 (SIP), I'm on x8.5 and have SIP TCP outbound port range 25000-29999 which is editable, and media (UDP) ports 50000-54999 which is also editable.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Generally a "Neighbour" isn't separated by a firewall - you'd use a Traversal link for the "Firewall Traversal".

But for what you're after, you can probably use the "SIP: internal" and "H.323: internal" pages (25 and 26) of the guide you mentioned previously.

Note: Your question would be better placed in the TelePresence section of the forums where these devices are more actively discussed than in the Video Over IP section you've posted in - I'd suggest, if the answers by Jens or myself haven't answered your question, that you move your discussion over there.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.