cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS-C DI Key

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I realize the value of this key for VCS-E. However why would I ever need this with VCS-C? Is there a particular network topology that it is needed? I am also noticing that when ordering VCS-C as an appliance it is provided as an option but when ordering as a virtual appliance neither is it provided as an option and not does it show included when you validate the quote unlike FINDME

Srini

2 Replies 2

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have never seen a dual interface option on the vcs-c and in general I would say if this is needed deploy

a vcs-e in your internal network :-)

From how I understood it before it is not officially available nor supported on the VCS-C, so either

that changed or its a bug in the ordering tool.

A deployment I could see is that you need an external management network or a seperate network

to reach your neighbor/traversal zone.

Especially on the VCS-C side I have never seen a need for that feature in the field which

was not solved within the network.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Yeah that's what I thought too. It is available to buy in two places

1) Ordering BE6K which can only support VCS-C, you will see it in the options

2) CTI-VCS-CTRL-K9 which is the appliance way of buying VCS-C, you will see it there too

If you go with R-VMVCS-CTRL-K9 which is the virtual way, you don't see it but to further check I validated the config just to make sure it wasn't one of those zero dollar items like FIND ME which comes bundled with the virtual and not the appliance and I didn't find it there either

It must be an error then..

Thanks

Srini