Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS Cluster status via CLI

Marek Tarnoci
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is it possible to check Cluster Status of VCS Cluster via CLI?

I found only one command:

xstatus Applications External 1

*s Applications:

External 1:

ClusterStatus:

ClusterState: "Enabled"

ClusterLastSyncDate: "2013-04-02 08:39:19"

ClusterNextSyncDate: "2013-04-02 08:40:19"

ClusterLastSyncResult: "SUCCEEDED"

*s/end

OK

But if I disconnect one of cluster peer, result of xstatus Applications External 1 is same.

Is there possibility to check Cluster database status via CLI?

- What happens when the cluster fails?

- Which command I could use to check Cluster Status, Cluster database status, communication status with other peers? What are the possible failure states?

Thanx.

Marek.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Did not find that documented, so to be used on your own risk :-)

I like https web access anyhow better to get status info out then to missuse the root account.

Generate an account with api read access and get:

https:///api/management/status/clusterpeer

the output might differ a with different releases

(that one was a X6.1, but X6.1 seem to show what the other peers see as well)

[{"peer":"192.168.0.91","num_recs":2,"records":[{"uuid":"54c4b972-0d5f-4748-90f6-3203d5eae693","peer":"192.168.0.91","state":"up"},{"uuid":"8939f6d5-77d8-4ec0-b275-19cd95b905d5","peer":"192.168.0.90","state":"up"}]}]

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

ahmashar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

login via ssh to VCS as root and then produce this commands:

/bin/clusterdb_dump_data_to_csv.sh

and/or

/bin/clusterStatus.py

also

/bin/

clusterWatchdog

regards, Ahmad

Hi,

Thanx. What should be output from this commands? We would like to monitor Cluster status via external monitoring system to rise some alarms in case of cluster fails, or some problem with communication between cluster peers appears. So I'm trying to find way how to get usefull informations form VCS peers about status of cluster, cluster database ...

Regards

Marek

I think TMS has already implemented what you are trying to do. Have you deployed any TMS? TMS warns you about whole lot of other things if something is not the way it supposed to be.

regards, Ahmad

Hi Marek, I concur with Ahmad, if you have TMS server added with endpoints, infrastructure devices etc it generates the ticket when an event or configuration change has taken place on the Cisco TMS that requires some manual administrator intervention. There is a huge list of TMS ticket details which you can refer in the TMS help page if you have one installed in your environment.

BR, Mahesh Adithiyha

Few example list of TMS tickets.

ID Ticket message Resolution
GatekeeperConfigurationError

Gatekeeper configuration error.

The gatekeeper settings are configured incorrectly.

GatekeeperRegistrationFailure

Gatekeeper registration failure.

The system has failed to register on the gatekeeper.

ClusterSoftwareVersionsDiffer

Software version differs from cluster master.

This system is part of a cluster and does not  have the same software version as the cluster master (%1). All cluster  peers must have the same software versions.

ClusterProvisioningNotEnabled

Provisioning is not enabled for this system.

This system is part of a cluster with 'Enforce TMS Agent Data Replication' turned on, but the system itself does not have the provisioning option key.

ClusterProvisioningVersionsDiffer

TMS agent software version differs from cluster master.

This system is part of a cluster with TMS agent enabled, but the version of the TMS agent running on this system (%1) is not the same as the one in TMS (%2). All cluster peers must have the same TMS agent software version as the agent running on the TMS server.

ClusterAlternatesDiffer

Incorrect cluster peer list.

Cluster peer list read from system differs from the cluster peer list in TMS.

This system is a master of a cluster and the  addresses of the cluster peers for this system does not match the  addresses of the peers in TMS. Change the peer list to match the cluster peers in TMS.

ClusterConfigDiffer

Incorrect configuration.

Configuration differs from cluster master.

This system is a cluster peer and its  configuration does not match the master configuration. Verify that the  cluster configuration replication on the VCS is set up correctly.

ClusterMissingOptionKeys

Option keys differs from cluster master.

This system is a cluster peer and its option keys  do not match the master's option keys. To ensure that the configuration  replication is successful, all cluster peers must have the same option  keys.

Hi Guys,

Thanx for your hints. We do not have implemented TMS so far and don't plan to implement it in the foreseeable future. For provisioning and registration of endpoints we are using CUCM. VCS is used for other purposes. Is there posibility to get mentioned statuses of VCS Cluster via CLI or API?

Thanx.

Regards

Marek.

Did not find that documented, so to be used on your own risk :-)

I like https web access anyhow better to get status info out then to missuse the root account.

Generate an account with api read access and get:

https:///api/management/status/clusterpeer

the output might differ a with different releases

(that one was a X6.1, but X6.1 seem to show what the other peers see as well)

[{"peer":"192.168.0.91","num_recs":2,"records":[{"uuid":"54c4b972-0d5f-4748-90f6-3203d5eae693","peer":"192.168.0.91","state":"up"},{"uuid":"8939f6d5-77d8-4ec0-b275-19cd95b905d5","peer":"192.168.0.90","state":"up"}]}]

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Excellent find Martin. this is x7.2

[{"peer":"10.xx.xx.85","local_peer":true,"num_recs":2,
"records":[{"uuid":"a92ec0a6-a735-11e2-a170-005056a72049",
"peer":"10.xx.xx.85","state":"up","cdbstate":"up"},
{"uuid":"a92e9e5a-a735-11e2-a16f-005056a72049",
"peer":"10.xx.xx.84","state":"up","cdbstate":"up"}]},
{"peer":"10.xx.xx.84","local_peer":false,"num_recs":2,
"records":[{"uuid":"c06aac4e-a735-11e2-8b00-000c29d2bf0c",
"peer":"10.xx.xx.85","state":"up","cdbstate":"up"},
{"uuid":"c06aa8f2-a735-11e2-8aff-000c29d2bf0c",
"peer":"10.xx.xx.84","state":"up","cdbstate":"up"}]}]

Hi Martin, 

Do you know also some other useful commands (list of commands), which could be used with https:///api/management/status/ ? I haven't found it documented.

Thanks,

Marek