Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS EX. Deployement

nikhil.kmr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I need to deploy VCS expressway, we don’t have dual NIC license on expressway, So I have doubt as to where to deploy Expressway behind the firewall (in local network) or in front of the firewall ( in public network).

As If we deploy VCS ex behind the firewall then we need to enable Static NAT( with public IP) on LAN1 in order communicate it with Public network, but i have read istatic NAT is not recommended on single LAN. So if i directly deploy it directly on public network & then give the access on firewall for the traversal link from VCS control but that might have security issues.

Im really confused ,Kindly suggest me some solution.

Thanks In Advance

Nikhil

3 Replies 3

Hi ahmad,

Thanks for the help, i think 3-port firewall DMZ using single VCS-E LAN interface would be good for my deplyoment, just couple of more things since im new to firewalls:

- what all configuration do we need to at firewall side in order to set up this deplyoment.

- and what do we mean by A static 1:1 NAT has been configured on firewall A.

- also the ports which needs `opened on firewall for this deplyoment & types of firewall which support this.

Thnaks in Advance

Nikhil

ahmashar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Nikhil,

All those terms explained thoroughly in that document. I don't think there is point of cut and pasting here.

if you have specific questions we can try to answer them here.

I hope you find the answers there easily.

best regards,

Ahmad